This loop offers a mellow hike or ride offering views of the Sierra Crest, has nice flowers in the spring, and circumnavigates a series of ponds.
Proceed down Coldstream Road, which alternates pavement and dirt. After a short climb up the old terminal moraine of the glacier that once filled this valley, you will see the whole valley open up before you. Proceed on this road until you come to private property signs at the last pond. Turn left on the dirt road and return on the east side of the valley.
• From downtown, head west on Donner Pass Road for about 2.5 miles. Here you will reach a single red flashing light. Turn left here. Park on the outside of the white gate.
• Distance: 6 miles round trip
• Please keep dogs on a leash at all time.
• Always pick up after your dogs.
• Remember to bring water with you.