Yes, you can take your dog swimming at Lake Tahoe!
Well-known dog-friendly beaches at Lake Tahoe include:
- Kiva Beach on the South Shore
- The north end of Zephyr Cove Beach on the East Shore
- Coon Street Beach in King’s Beach on the North Shore
Less visited are:
- The stretch of pebbly shoreline across from Blackwood Canyon on the West Shore
- Fido-friendly Patton Landing in Carnelian Bay
- On the Nevada side of the lake, you can pull off almost anywhere south of Incline Village and find a trail leading to a pocket cove with crystal-clear water and smoothly sculptured rocks. Take what you can get: parking is tightly restricted to deter crowds, so arrive early in the morning to snag your spot in the sun.
Kayla’s secret chow and splash spot on the West Shore: next to Obexers dog-friendly deli. You can order up a hearty sandwich or salad at the deli, eat outside on the dog-friendly patio and then you and Fido can take a plunge in the cold, blue waters to the left of the boat launch. Well out of the way from the boats, the smooth pebbly beach is shaded and a great place to hang out, play fetch and watch the activity at the Marina. The Obexer’s folks ask that you please clean up after your pups.Posted on: June 29, 2022