Pet CPR & First Aid Training
January 15, 2017 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
South Pasadena Senior Center
1102 Oxley St.
South Pasadena, California 91030
Phone: (626) 403-7380
According to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA):
• 92% of dogs will experience an emergency in their lifetime
• 60% of animal hospital visits are emergency in nature
• 1 out of 4 pets would survive if just one pet first aid technique was applied prior to veterinary care
Most pet medical emergencies happen outside the veterinarian’s office. And the first on scene will most likely be YOU…
Are you prepared to give your pet a fighting chance to survive?
The Pet Tech course will teach you:
• How to conduct a primary assessment in an emergency situation
• How to safely restrain and muzzle an ill or injured pet
• The skills of canine and feline CPR and rescue breathing
• How to manage choking, bleeding, and shock incidents
• Heat and cold injury protocols
• Action steps for insect bites, stings, and snake bites
• The daily Snout-To-Tail™ wellness assessment to gauge your pet’s health vitals
• How to prepare a customized pet first aid kit
• And much more!
Who should attend? Pet lovers ages 16+ years
Additional $25 materials fee required in class
Certificate of Training & Registration in Pet Tech Database
*Light refreshments provided