Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon - Photo Credit: Nathan Rupert (CC)
DogTrekker has sniffed out the best events for you and your best friend to visit together over the next several months. Here are our favorites for the Central Coast and Southern California regions.
1. Eat|See|Hear Movie Events, various locations: May 13 - September 16. LA’s dog-friendly outdoor movie series is a summer-long celebration of movies, food and live music.
2. Paws, Pizza & Pinot, Santa Maria: June 4. Grab your pup and head over to Riverbench Vineyard & Winery for handmade pizzas and wine tasting on their picturesque dog-friendly patio.
3. 2017 Incredible Dog Challenge Western Regionals, Huntington Beach: June 9-10. Watch the incredible dogs of the West show off their amazing athletic skills at Huntington Beach State Park.
4. BHRSC 20th Annual Spring Games, Irvine: June 10. Enjoy over a dozen exciting attractions including the Hound Dog Howl-off competition, BBQ, crafts booth, vendor village and the BHRSC merchandise booth at the 20th Annual Basset Hound Rescue of Southern California Spring Games.
5. Barks & Brews at Ballast Point Brewing, San Diego: June 17. Greyhound Adoption Center will be celebrating 30 years of greyhound rescue at Ballast Point Brewing with food trucks, craft beer and raffle.
6. 2nd Annual Barkitecture Design CompetitionBarkitecture Design Competition, San Diego: June 17. Come out to Stella Public House San Diego for a dog’s day; raffle prize drawings, live music, and voting on the best doghouse design in San Diego.
7. K9 Summer Fest, Malibu: June 18. This annual festival to benefit teens and shelter dogs is a fun-filled family day at Malibu Bluffs Park featuring dog training demos, people and dog games, vendors galore, catered lunch, a dedicated children's area with face-painting and craft projects and more!
8. Wags N Wine, Huntington Beach: June 25. This event features great food, terrific wine, silent and live auction, live entertainment, dancing, dog adoptions and pooch pageant to benefit Waggin' Trails Rescue Foundation.Waggin' Trails Rescue Foundation.
9. 2017 Summer Corgi Beach Day, Long Beach: July 1. Head out to Long Beach for a free, fun-filled day of corgi meet-and-greets, doggie limbo contests, photo ops, vendors, giveaways, corgi costumes, talent contests and more!
10. Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon 2017, Del Mar: September 10. Come watch dogs hang loose at Helen Woodward's 12th Annual Surf Dog Surf-A-Thon fundraiser in Del Mar.
11. Unleashed by Petco Surf City Surf Dog®, Huntington Beach: September 24. Dog owners hailing from as far as Florida, Australia and Brazil will be packing up their pups and bringing them to sunny Huntington Beach to participate in this multi-heat surfing competition with dogs as the contestants. Bring your family and friends (and dogs) to witness this fun day!
12. Wiggle Waggle Walk, San Luis Obispo: October 14. Have fun and make a world of difference for homeless animals at the annual Wiggle Waggle Walk for Woods Humane Society.
13. 2017 Fall Corgi Beach Day, Huntington Beach: October 28. Join in the fun at the biggest corgi pawty on the planet! Festivities include corgi meet-and-greets, doggie limbo contests, photo ops, vendors, giveaways, corgi costumes, talent contests and more!