Visit the S.F. SPCA online
from June 28th to July 4th, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., to see adorable, adoptable puppies and kittens doing what they do best: act like adorable puppies and kittens! Plus, when you visit, you can download the S.F. SPCA Fireworks Pet Safety Guide.
More pets are lost on the 4th of July than on any other day of the year. Please learn and share all the ways to keep pets safe and stress-free during the festivities. Happy IndePETence Day
Did you know:
- There is a 30% increase nationwide in lost pets each year from July 4–6
- On average, only 14% of lost pets are returned to their guardians
- 30–60% of lost pets are euthanized in the U.S. because they do not reunite with their guardians
- Leaving pets in a parked car is extremely dangerous
- In less than an hour, the temperature inside a closed vehicle can increase to a fatal 116 degrees
Keep your pets safe! 63% of American households have one or more pets and we can ensure their safety and well-being by keeping them away from the potential dangers on the Fourth of July. Let’s give them a stress-free holiday!