Kayla and her buddies at Animals on Broadway
We've been sniffing out the best dog-friendly events throughout California for you and your pup to attend this summer and fall. Here are our top 10. Be sure to check the DogTrekker.com events pages regularly for more ways to have fun with your dog in your local area.
1. Pawsport Napa Valley: May 12 - 15. Seventeen of Napa Valley’s finest wineries and tasting rooms will participate in a passport-style wine tasting event in Napa Valley—for dog lovers who love wine and wine lovers who love dogs! Proceeds from Pawsport Napa Valley will benefit Napa Humane.
2. ARF's Animals on Broadway: May 14. Join Tony La Russa’s Animal Rescue Foundation in a fundraising pet walk and community festival at Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek, featuring adoptions, vendor booths, pet wellness fair, kid zone games and activities, contests and raffle.
3. Mane of Thrones Adoptathon Weekend: May 20 – 22. The San Francisco SPCA is teaming up with six shelters and rescues for the best adoptathon weekend yet! The festivities kick off on Friday evening, May 20, with an epic futuristic-themed cocktail party from 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. Admission is free, but RSVP is required. You’ll also be able to adopt for FREE from all participating organizations May 21 – 22.
4. Petchitecture 2016: May 25. Petchitecture is the signature fundraiser for PAWS (Pets Are Wonderful Support). Petchitecture is a gala evening unlike any other in San Francisco. Reception and silent auction at The Fairmont Hotel San Francisco to benefit PAWS. Vaccinated, well-behaved dogs are welcome!
5. Eat|See|Hear Los Angeles: Now through September 17. Voted “Best Outdoor Movie Series” by Los Angeles Magazine in 2014, the outdoor movie, food truck and live music series brings an evening of fun to the best Los Angeles-area venues each summer. Benefits Best Friends Animal Sanctuary.
6. Oakland Athletics Bark at the Park 2016: July 22. Fans can purchase a special ticket to attend the game with the family dog, participate in a pre-game pup parade around the field and enjoy pet friendly activities and free product samples. A portion of the proceeds from the A's Bark at the Park will benefit Dogs4Diabetics & Animal Rescue Foundation (ARF).
7. Bark (& Meow) Around the Block: July 23. Berkeley Humane’s adopt-a-thon and street fair featuring 100+ animals available for adoption from 20+ Bay Area rescues, great food, beverages, entertainment and activities for the whole family.
8. Bark in the Park 2016: Sept. 17. Largest dog festival in the United States featuring contests, demonstrations of dog agility and specialized dog training and more than 75 vendors with dog-specific goods and services. Bark in the Park benefits the Humane Society Silicon Valley, San Jose Animal Care Center and the Campus Community Neighborhood Association.
9. 8th Annual Woofstock Benefit and Music Festival: Oct. 2. This is a fun-filled afternoon of dancing, food and groovy times to benefit Marin Humane Society.
10. Bay Area Pet Fair 2016: Oct. 15 & 16. This is an extravaganza for pet-loving families. This event will feature over 1,000 adoptable dogs, cats and small animals, free live shows, free activities for kids and dogs, food trucks, lots of giveaways and loads of vendors.