Download and share this infographic
This is an update to a story written in April and then re-written and re-written again. Yes, the pandemic is still with us and California is getting hit hard. Cases are up, hospitalizations are up and restrictions continue to be in place. Good news #1 is that at least two different vaccines are either being shipped or close to shipment.
As Visit California points out that the state's recovery is unfolding at different rates in different communities, and the travel advisories in place vary by county and region. Here are the local guidelines and regulations
in your destination and those you are thinking to travel in 2021.
Good news #2: the latest news from Governor Newsom is that dog parents are encouraged to get out of the house, into the fresh air and walk, obviously following the safe social distancing guidelines listed on the graphic above:
- Do not use parks or trails if you are showing symptoms
- Keep at least 6 feet from other hikers and dogs
- Do not park in a crowded lot and use a less crowded trail
- Do not use parks as gathering places
- Be prepared for limited access to restrooms and water
- Avoid social interaction by keeping dogs on leach
- Pack-in - pack out, Leaving Only Paw Prints™
- Always wave to your fellow DogTrekkers
Stay healthy, stay strong, practice distancing and give your dog a hug from us — we will meet back on the trails soon!
Dave and Roxanne Kendrick