Photo Courtesy of Lily's Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary
Senior dogs are the ones least likely to be rescued or adopted, and are most at risk of being euthanized in shelters. Of the estimated 14,000 rescue groups nationwide, less than 40 are dedicated exclusively to rescuing, rehabilitating and re-homing senior dogs.
To shed some much-needed light on this important issue, Lily's Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary in Petaluma has officially declared that November 4-10 will be Saving Senior Dogs Week.
This national campaign is an effort to help raise public awareness to the plight of homeless senior dogs, the joy of adopting them, and to support existing senior dog rescue organizations in the USA.
You can donate to this amazing cause
and help Lily's Legacy continue their efforts. 75% of the funds raised will be divided equally among the campaign's participating senior dog rescues. The remaining 25% will go into a new grant fund to help new senior dog rescues get started. Together with Lily's Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary we can save thousands of homeless senior dogs.