Summer is a time for family vacations, and whether it’s a multi-day trip or day trip, not much can get children more excited or add to the memory bank than a train ride.
“Family” includes dogs of course, and there are many dog-friendly “all aboard!” choo-choo options in California.
Here are a few of our favorites, including some tail-wagging surprises. These stories are powered by Mendocino County’s Skunk Train.
- Don’t get skunked by the Skunk Train
- Cruising for history and scenery in Santa Cruz County
- All aboard for Gold Country history
- Wag your way through the central valley
- Unsure about your dog on a train? Try a small-scale starter train