Arboretum Loop Trail
840 Sundial Bridge (Auditorium) Drive
Redding, California 96001
Local Phone: (800) 887-8532
This paved, 1.2-mile multipurpose trail circles the McConnell Arboretum at Turtle Bay Exploration Park, rolling gently through riparian forests, oak savannahs and wetlands along the Sacramento River.
Park at the main Turtle Bay Exploration Park complex and walk over the Sundial Bridge to reach the trail. Or, leave your vehicle in the lot next to a water tower on Hilltop Road, where a steep spur trail connects with the loop.
Other side-trails connect to the Sacramento River National Recreation Trail, which extends 20 miles to Shasta Dam.
• Distance: 1.2 - 1.7
• Difficulty: Flat & Rolling Hills
• Restrooms: Yes
• Drinking Water: Yes
Help us keep this trail beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints
trail, turtle bay, turtle bay exploration park, gardens, sundial bridge, redding, shasta cascade, hilltop road