Bishop Ranch Regional Preserve
2761 Morgan Dr.
San Ramon, California 94583
Local Phone: (510) 544-3137
As part of the East Bay Regional Park District, which is one of the most dog-friendly park districts in California, dogs must be on a leash where posted and under full verbal control elsewhere, and there is a lot of elsewhere!
Downloadable trail maps, brochures and mileage charts are available for each regional park and regional trail.
The park offers quiet and solitude on 444 acres just a short distance from San Ramon Valley subdivisions. Watch for animals such as deer, red-tailed hawks, and turkey vultures.
Visit Bishop Ranch and see the changing of the seasons. The black oaks and big leaf maples are bursting with color.
Climb to the ridge tops to get a great vista of the San Ramon Valley. Hiking, kite flying, and blanket picnicking are some of the activities available on this ridge-top refuge.
There are no facilities other than a trailhead and trails. Please note: There are cattle currently at Bishop Ranch. Please close all gates to keep the cattle where they belong.
• Parking: Limited
• Fee: None
• Water: Bring your own.
• Best time of year for this hike: Spring.
• Distance: 1-3 miles
• Degree of difficulty: Easy
• Hours of operation: Park open from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. unless otherwise posted or permitted
Leash rules: Please keep your dog on a leash on main trail.
Help us keep these trails beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints