Canyon View Trail
1895 Geary Rd.
Sunol Regional Wilderness
Sunol, California 94586
Local Phone: (510) 544-3249
This hiking trail in Sunol Regional Wilderness is suitable for the whole family. It leads through Jacob's Valley to the scenic gorge on Alameda Creek known as Little Yosemite.
On this trail you'll see weathered serpentine, sandstone and basalt outcrops, grasslands and oak woodlands.
Dog policy: Dogs welcome on trails as long as they are leashed or under complete voice control. Please note that wildlife is abundant here. If your dog is a chaser, keep her leashed.
• Hours: 7 a.m. to dusk unless otherwise posted
• Admission: $5 per car plus $4 per trailered vehicle.
• Dog fee: $2 per dog for pets. Service dogs free.
• Trail distance: 1.39 miles
• Difficulty: Easy, with a gentle rise in elevation
• Best time to hike: Spring
• Tip: Bring your own water and extra for your dog during the summer.
Help us keep this trail beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints
dog-friendly, hike, little yosemite, alameda creek, easy