Dog Beach Del Mar
3006 Sandy Lane
Del Mar, California 92014
North Beach, affectionately called “Dog Beach” by dog owners, is located north of 29th Street and stretches nearly one-half mile to our border with Solana Beach.
The area includes the mouth of the San Dieguito River and a stretch of coastal bluff. While laws restrict access to half of the Del Mar beach during the summer months, North Beach remains open to dogs; however, dogs must be restricted to a six-foot leash.
• Owners must pick up after dogs at all times
Help us keep this beach beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules
• Respect natural marine life and habitats
• Be aware of tides and currents
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints