Jacks Peak County Park
25020 Jacks Peak Park Rd.
Monterey, California 93940
Local Phone: (831) 755-4899
E-mail: [email protected]
Jacks Peak Park has much to offer the outdoor enthusiast. Almost 8.5 miles of horseback riding and hiking trails wind through cathedral-like forests and to breathtaking ridge top vistas.
The Skyline Self-Guided Nature Trail traverses the summit of Jacks Peak and features fossils from the Miocene epoch. Brochures describing features along the trail are available at the entrance station. Visitors can also enjoy other passive activities including nature study, photography or picnics.
• Parking: Lot provided
• Fee: See Park website for current fees.
• Water: Bring your own
• Best time of year for this hike: Year round is beautiful.
• Distance: 8.5 miles (shorter loops available)
• Degree of difficulty: Easy to Strenuous.
• Leash rule: Dogs must remain on leash at al times in main park area, and under voice control on trails.