Kona Kai Resort and Spa
1551 Shelter Island Dr.
San Diego, California 92106
Local Phone: (619) 221-8000
Sun, surf and sea create the tropical essence of this beachfront hotel in San Diego.
With a rich history steeped in the beat and bravura of Polynesian and Spanish Colonial, Kona Kai is a restyled creation of fresh, fun elegance punctuated by casual luxury.
The Kona Kai Resort & Spa invites four-legged friends to enjoy the ultimate in hosPETality at San Diego’s premier resort, as part of our the IslandPaws program.
The pawfectly island program allows humans best friend to become humans best travel buddy with canine-friendly welcome amenities and special pet perks, ranging from Fido’s VIP Very Important Paws welcome at check-in, special sleeping bed, and in room dining options via the resident Bark Butler.
- Size: Other
- Breed restrictions: None
- Maximum number allowed: 2
- Cost per dog: $50 Per Night
- Percentage of rooms that are dog-friendly: Over 50%
- Other comments: There will be a special cleaning fee of $150 should FIDO be naughty and soil the room carpets or bedding
Dog-friendly property amenities:
- Dog Waste Bags
- Cozy Dog Beds
- Dining/water bowls
- Special treats
- Dog-friendly hiking/activity/attractions guide/listings at front desk
- Mobile Grooming Service (Provided by local groomer and based on availability)
- Special pet exercise area
- Special door tag “Do Not Disturb” Dog Dreaming and a “Make Up My Room” Dog Out Exploring