Middle Creek Falls Trail
Fowler Public Camp Rd.
Local Phone: (530) 964-2184
There are actually three levels to McCloud Falls: lower, middle and upper. There is a picnic area and swimming hole located at the Lower Falls.
The hike to each of the falls is relatively easy and the hike from the Middle to Upper Falls only takes about five minutes. The hikes are very scenic and offer an opportunity to view various forms of vegetation and wildlife. Each of the falls is different from the other but they are all equally spectacular.
• Take Interstate 5 to Highway 89 which leads to McCloud.
• Continue 5.5 miles east and watch for signs to Fowler’s Camp as well as the Lower Falls.
• Turn right and drive 1.2 miles to the Lower Falls picnic area.
• From here you can hike to all three falls or if you’d rather, you can drive to the Middle Falls.
• To get there, turn left just before Fowler campground and watch for the signs to the Middle Falls.