Newport Beach Animal Control - Lost Dogs
870 Santa Barbara Dr.
Newport Beach, California 92660
Local Phone: (949) 644-3681
Newport Beach Animal Control picks up stray and abandoned animals and returns stray animals to owners whenever possible.
They highly recommends all of the following steps in order for you to find your missing animal:
• Contact the NBPD front desk at (949) 644-3681 to report a lost or found pet.
• The Orange County Humane Society shelter at 21632 Newland Street, Huntington Beach, CA, (714) 536-8480
, is open seven days per week. You should check the kennels there as often as possible. Be sure to talk to the kennel staff and let them know what kind of animal you are looking for.
• Once you have thoroughly checked the kennel area, you should go to the front office and log a complete description of your animal into our lost and found book. It is vital for you to leave your name and phone number.
• It is most helpful if you can provide a photograph of your pet (photos cannot always be returned or may become lost or stolen).
• Make fliers or posters and circulate them with your neighbors (Please know that it is unlawful for you to put such material inside a mailbox or tacked to trees or poles on private property).
• It is also recommended that you check with local Veterinary Hospitals and be sure to leave a detailed description of your lost pet.
• It is not uncommon for a lost pet to wander for several miles or to be picked up by someone from another city. You should expand your search in either direction and you should visit other nearby shelters.