Pelican Bluffs Preserve and Coastal Trail
Point Arena, California 95468
Local Phone: (707) 962-0470
Pelican Bluffs Preserve and Coastal Trail, south of Point Arena, is now open to the public.
Mendocino Land Trust (MLT) completed construction of a parking lot and 2.2-miles of trail in 2017. This 73-acre preserve is home to the endangered Point Arena Mountain Beaver and several rare plants, as well as a creek (which is recovering from cattle grazing) and Bishop pine forest.
There are spectacular ocean views from very high white cliffs on the property; these cliffs are very steep, making it essential to stay on the trail.
• Dogs on leash are welcome to explore this area.
• This location has no cellular reception. Please plan accordingly.
Help us keep this trail beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints