Sandy Beach at Monte Rio
20488 Hwy. 116
Monte Rio, California 95462
Local Phone: (707) 865-2487
While DogTrekker regularly updates off-leash rules, it is important to check to be sure that this area still allows voice control prior to removing your dog’s leash.
Sandy Beach is part of Monte Rio Recreation & Park District. This dog-friendly beach is located west of the Monte Rio Bridge. The upper parking lot gives access to this beach all year where those on foot can cut through the narrow paths leading down to the water.
This small beach is popular for fly-fishing, and the adjacent boat launch provides access to small fishing vessels.
• Leashes are required if your dog is not under strict voice control
• Please clean up after your pet
*Warning signs are posted in the area (August 2016) after small amounts of toxic blue-green algae were detected in the Russian River. Please take the following precautions:
• Don't let your dog drink the river water
• Carry a fresh water supply with you
• Hose your dog off after a swim in the river
Help us keep this trail beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints