1900 S. McDowell Blvd.
Petaluma, California 94954
Shollenberger Park is a great place to spend a Saturday afternoon. The park has a 2.2-mile path for walking, running, walking the dog or biking through Alman Marsh to Petaluma Marina.
The 165-acre tract was named after Richard Shollenberger, a Park Department chief. It has become increasingly popular since its opening in 1995. Now, several hundred people visit daily, especially to see the many species of birds that call this park home.
• Parking: Can be limited on nice days, but spaces are provided.
• Fee: None.
• Water: Bring your own.
• Best time of year for this hike: Year round.
• Distance: 2.2 miles
• Degree of difficulty: Easy
• Hours of operation: Sunrise to sunset
• Dog rules: Dogs must be leashed at all times.