Tahoe Donner Cross-Country Ski Center
15275 Alder Creek Drive
Truckee, California 96161
Local Phone: (530) 587-9484
When you head out for a ski, don’t leave Fido at home! At Tahoe Donner Cross Country you can enjoy cross country skiing, snowshoeing or even fat biking with your dog by your side.
The dog trailhead is located to the south of the building adjacent to the snow storage area. A trash can and waste disposal bags are provided for your convenience. Please check with staff if normal dog trailhead is blocked by snow storage.
- Be well behaved in public places and around other dogs, and under voice control when off leash on the trails.
- Have a valid license and current rabies, parvo and distemper vaccinations.
- Have purchased a current-year season pass.
- Hold adequate liability insurance with $300k/occurrence to address claims arising from pet.
- Complete and sign the Tahoe Donner Cross Country Dog Season Pass Application and Release Waiver of Liability at least 48 hrs prior to the first visit with your dog.
Dogs are only allowed on the following trails:
- Dog trail opening and closing dates are subject to conditions.
- Check the website for hours/dates when dogs are permitted.
- Always check the grooming report to confirm it’s a “dog day” and any restrictions before heading up.
- If you do not have a dog season pass, please leave your dog at home.
- Piece of Cake
- Cup of Tea
- Silver Streak
- Downward Dog
- Doggy Dipper
- Dogs in Space
- Access is only permitted on specified dog-friendly trails.
- No dogs on the patio. Please walk your dog to the dog trailhead via the parking lot.
- Dogs must be on-leash and well behaved in the parking lot and around the trailhead.
- Dogs must be off-leash, under voice command, well-behaved and kept in sight once on the dog trails.
- A maximum of one dog per owner/approved handler is allowed on the trails at one time.
- Owners must pick up after their pets.
Management reserves the right to revoke season passes if the rules are not being followed.
dogtrekker.com, dog friendly, ski, tahoe