Tiburon Uplands Nature Preserve
One mile south of Paradise Beach Park
Tiburon, California 94920
Local Phone: (415) 473-6387
Marin County Parks Open Space Leash Policy: Dogs on leash are welcome to enjoy trails. Dogs are allowed off-leash under strict voice control on fire protection roads. Please follow posted rules.
Tiburon Uplands is a nature preserve, rather than a developed park.
It's wooded acres are tucked into a canyon along a quiet stretch of Paradise Drive near Tiburon, about one mile south of Paradise Beach Park.
A short but strenuous one mile loop trail winds through mature woodlands and allows visitors to enjoy a variety of native plants and animals, as well as excellent bay views from higher elevations.
The property adjoins the Old St. Hilary’s Open Space Preserve near the ridgeline.
The preserve provides a secluded natural experience with few recreational facilities, and is not easily accessible.
• From Highway 101 in Mill Valley, take exit 447 for Tiburon Boulevard (Highway 131) east 1.8 miles. Turn left onto Trestle Glen Boulevard, right onto Paradise Drive, and follow for 1.5 miles. The park is on the left.
• Distance: 0.7 mile loop
• Degree of difficulty: Easy
• Best time of year for this hike: Beautiful all year
• Parking: No parking lot available. There are a few roadside spots available.
Help us keep this trail beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints