Visalia Animal Care Center - Lost Dogs
29016 Hwy. 99
Visalia, California 93277
Local Phone: (559) 713-4700
Tips to Help You Find Your Lost Pet
• If your pet is wearing an ID tag with your phone number on it, make sure you are available to answer your phone.
• Search the neighborhood surrounding your home as your pet may not have traveled far. Ask your neighbors, postal carriers, and delivery drivers if they have seen an animal matching your pet's description.
• Visit the City of Visalia Animal Care Center as soon as possible. Animal Services Officers pick up many lost pets every day and they may have already picked up yours. When you visit our facility, tour the entire shelter and look through the lost and found binders located in the front office.
• Complete a lost pet report
• If your pet is microchipped, register the microchip number with the Shelter staff, in addition to the microchip manufacturer.
• If your pet is licensed in the City of Visalia, call and confirm that your information is current and inform us of any additional contact phone numbers.
• Continue checking with Animal Care Services daily by either coming into the shelter, or calling (559) 713-4700 for the daily listing of found animals
Whatever you do, don't give up!
Found Pet Tips
What do I do if I see a pet running loose?
For your safety, do not attempt to catch a scared pet or try to stop traffic when a pet is running in the road as you may be bitten by the pet or hit by oncoming cars. Contact Animal Services Field dispatch at (559) 713-4957.
What do I do if I have someone's pet?
Call (559) 713-4957 to have an Animal Services Officer pick the pet up or bring it to City of Visalia Animal Services Center. Animal Services staff are trained to handle all kinds of animals and provide the care needed to keep them safe while waiting for their owner.
Why should I bring the pet to the shelter?
The animal services shelter is the lost and found for all pets in the City of Visalia. Pet owners call and come into the shelter every day looking for their lost pet.