Walk On Beach Sea Ranch Access Trail
40101 Hwy. 1
The Sea Ranch, California 95497
Local Phone: (707) 785-2377
Sonoma County Regional Parks manages six public access trails in The Sea Ranch, a private community south of Gualala.
Trails start at Highway 1 parking areas and cross bluff-top meadows and forests to rugged coastline. Cliffside staircases lead to secluded beaches with sandy coves, tide pools, and rock formations.
In addition to hiking, these public access points offer opportunities for diving, fishing, boating, and wildlife viewing.
Walk On Beach Trail connects to Bluff Top Trail, which leads south to Walk On Beach. Public access to this beach was closed for years due to trail erosion, but repairs were completed in July of 2014 and access is fully restored.
This trail is .25 miles one way. It passes through a large grove of Monterey cypress to a wide, sandy, quarter-mile beach reached via a bluff-top staircase. From Walk on Beach Trail, hikers can follow Bluff Top Trail north to Gualala Point Regional Park.
• Summer - 6 a.m. to sunset; Winter - 8 a.m. to sunset
• Licensed dogs allowed on leash no longer than 6 feet.
• Please pick up after your dogs.
• Please stay on marked public access trails as other paths and roads within The Sea Ranch are privately owned.
• Campfires are not allowed on beach.
• RVs and trailers are not allowed in the parking lot.