Windy Hill Open Space
Portola Valley, California 94028
Local Phone: (650) 691-1200
All Midpeninsula Preserves are open to the public free of charge, 365 days a year from dawn until one-half hour after sunset.
This 1,335-acre preserve features open grassland ridges and forests of redwood, fir, and oak.
Visitors can meander through a variety of habitats along the preserve’s 12 miles of trails.
• Dogs must be controlled on a maximum 6-foot leash at all times.
• Dogs are allowed only in designated preserves or areas as posted.
• Moving dog waste off trail is not permitted.
• Windy Hill Open Space Preserve is located in the Town of Portola Valley. The parking lot at the lower portion of the preserve is located on Portola Road. Parking is available for 25 vehicles.
• Please note: The parking lot on Portola Road fills quickly. Overflow parking is available at the Portola Valley Town Center, approximately 0.4 miles north on Portola Road.
• Please do not park on Portola Road: parking is strictly enforced.
• Parking for the upper portion of the preserve, the Spring Ridge parking area, is located on Skyline Boulevard (Highway 35), 2.3 miles south of Highway 84 (La Honda Road) and 4.9 miles north of Page Mill Road.
• Additional roadside parking is available along Skyline Boulevard.