Woods Humane Society
875 Oklahoma Avenue
San Luis Obispo, California 93405
Local Phone: (805) 543-9316
Woods Humane Society was founded in July of 1955 as Woods Animal Shelter, Inc. It has been in continuous operation since then serving the needs of animals and their owners in San Luis Obispo County. Its original location was in Nipomo on land donated by the Woods Family.
In addition to pet adoption, Woods offers dog obedience classes, humane education programs, summer camps, and volunteer opportunities for hundreds of people of all ages each year.