Travel with your dog can be very rewarding, but there are always a few problems to solve—such as finding restaurants where your dog can join you beside or beneath your table. No worries: DogTrekker’s got you covered! Here are some of our favorite dog-friendly places to chow down on the Mendocino Coast.
• In Fort Bragg, dog-friendly table service doesn’t get better than on the heated, dog-friendly patio at Silver’s at the Wharf at Anchor Lodge in the busy Noyo Harbor Fishing Village. A fixture since the 1950s, the updated restaurant serves coastal classics like steamers, calamari, chowder, seafood salads and platters.
• Nearby Sea Pal Cove is more casual, specializing in fish and chips.
• For upscale cuisine with more ocean views, head over to Gualala, where the Seaside Bar at St. Orres, a luxury dining and lodging establishment, serves small-plate meals on its front deck.
Weather a bit chilly:
• Cozy up in the Parlor at Little River Inn in the town of the same name. Make reservations for breakfast or dinner, where a.m. options include several benedict choices and evening specialties include entrees like pine-nut-crusted salmon.
• For something yummy and different, sample some of the North Coast’s best vegetarian and vegan cuisine at a lobby table at Stanford Inn by the Sea’s The Ravens restaurant. Dinner items here range from vegetarian appetizer tacos to sea palm and root vegetable strudel and Thai red curry.
Dogs can also join you at the 5200 Lounge at Heritage House Resort in Little River (you’ll recognize it from the 1978 movie “Same Time, Next Year”). The menu here favors comfort food favorites ranging from mussels to quesadillas, burgers and catch of the day.
Photo Credit: @sunshinemylifeinthesunshinePosted on: June 30, 2022