Information You Provide: Some of our services require you to provide personal information, specifically your name and email address. You may always review and make changes to your personal information by emailing your request to dave@DogTrekker.com or by editing your user profile. Additionally, you can refuse to supply personal information, but doing so may prevent you from engaging in certain Site activities or features.
Information We Receive About You: Like most online service operators, we may collect information about your use of the Site. The amount and type of information we gather depends on the nature of your interaction with the Site. The types of information we may collect are your name, home address, email address, telephone number, photograph, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, time zone setting, operating system, platform, URL clickstream (e.g., website(s) visited before the Site), Site page(s) viewed, access date and time, time spent on the Site or a Site page, and cookie data.
How We Use Information We Collect: We use the information we collect, including personal information and non-personal information, to:
- Operate, maintain, and improve the Site, our products, or our services.
- Deliver products or services that users request or ask for.
- Provide customer support.
- Respond to comments and questions or contact users at their request.
- Inform users about promotions, events, and news related to products, services, and features.
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards.
- Keep internal records.
- Combine user information with other personal information about users from other sources (e.g., Facebook CRM marketing).
- Investigate, deter, and protect against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- Contact you for market research purposes.
You may opt out of receiving promotional, event, news, and/or marketing communications at any time by emailing your opt-out request to dave@DogTrekker.com or by editing your email preferences in your user profile.
Information We Share: Generally, we disclose your personal information only to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers, and affiliated organization that (i) need to know such information to process it on our behalf or to provide services available on the Site, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. However, we may also disclose your information, including personal information and non-personal information, in certain other circumstances, as described below.
- From time to time, we may provide your email address to Facebook, Inc., (“Facebook”) so that they may display ads targeted to you. The transfer of your email address to Facebook is secure, and Facebook does not share that information with other advertisers.
- From time to time, we may provide non-personally identifying information (e.g., non-personal information or personal information with any personally identifying information removed) with third-party analytic services, to assist us in operating, maintaining, and improving the Site, our products, or our services. We may also share aggregated non-personally identifying information with our investors and partners, with advertisers and advertising networks, with purchasers of aggregate customer data, or publicly, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Site.
- If we believe in good faith that disclosure of your information is (i) legally required in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, and/or (ii) legally required or reasonably necessary to protect our property or rights, or those of third parties or the public at large, we will disclose the information.
- If Company is involved in a merger, acquisition, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event that Company goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information may be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. By using the Site, you acknowledge and agree that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Company may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
- We will not rent or sell your personal information to anyone.
Protecting Your Information: We take reasonable measures to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of personal information. However, it remains possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications and may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Although we work hard to protect your privacy, we cannot guarantee that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Notice: Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser ‘do not track’ signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about their online activities over time and across third-party websites, to the extent the operator engages in that collection. At this time, we track our customers’ personal information over time and across third-party websites through advertising retargeting programs. For this reason, we respond to Do Not Track signals based on the protocols established by the Google and Adroll retargeting programs. Please note that third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you visit the Site or other online websites and services. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com.
California “Eraser Law” Notice: Registered users of the Site who are California residents and are under 18 years of age may request and obtain removal of postings on the Site that they themselves post by emailing us at dave@DogTrekker.com. All requests must be labeled “California Removal Request” on the email subject line. All requests must provide a description of the content or information in your Posting that you want removed and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material and, so that we can process your request and contact you if we have questions, include your name and the name and URL (if applicable) of the website, application, or other interactive service. We shall not accept requests via postal mail, telephone, or facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or may not be able to respond if you do not provide complete information. Please also note that any requests for removal do not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information from the Site. For example, content that you have posted may be republished or reposted by another user or third party.
International Users: If you access the Site from a location outside the United States, you may be subject to laws governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States law. For example, The European Union Directive on Data Protection (the “E.U. Directive”) generally prohibits the transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Union that fail to ensure an “adequate level of [privacy] protection.” “Personal data” under the E.U. Directive means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An “identifiable person” is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity. Therefore, “personal data” includes information that you may transmit to the Site. We do not currently guarantee compliance with the E.U. Directive or the U.S.-E.U. Safe Harbor Frameworks as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries. We have not certified that we adhere to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. By using the Site, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States and to utilize services and applications whose use is governed by the laws and jurisdiction of the United States, notwithstanding the requirements of any other jurisdiction, including, without limitation, the E.U. Directive.
PO Box 151289
San Rafael, CA 94915