Point Arena Lighthouse
45500 Lighthouse Rd.
Point Arena, California 95468
Reservation Phone: (877) 725-4448
Local Phone: (707) 882-2777
Dramatically perched on a narrow peninsula, the lighthouse was erected in 1879, destroyed by the 1906 San Francisco earthquake and rebuilt the following year of steel and concrete. It is maintained today by the non-profit Point Arena Lighthouse Keepers.
• Hours: Daily 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in winter and until 4:30 p.m. between Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends. Closed Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Leashed dogs welcome on grounds, but not on tours inside the structure
• Admission $7.50 adults, $1 children under 12. Includes access to renovated Fog Signal Building and a trip (for people) to the top of the tower, where a balcony provides sweeping views of the Pacific.
Lodging at Point Arena Lighthouse
The Point Arena Lighthouse accommodations feature four keeper homes & one keeper's room for your vacation pleasure. Each three bedroom, two bath vacation rental sleeps six, is pet friendly, and includes a wood burning fireplace (we provide the wood), full kitchen, satellite television, and the most incredible views along the California coast, as the Point is surrounded by water on three sides.
Renting a historic keeper home is a great way to have fun and support the ongoing preservation of the Point Arena Light Station at the same time. Reservations are required.
- Size: All sizes
- Maximum number allowed: 2
- Cost per dog: $
- Non-Refundable Deposit: $50
- Percentage of rooms that are dog-friendly: Less than 50%
Dog-friendly property amenities:
dog-friendly, mendocino county, beaches, hikes, walks, history, learning, whale watching, parks, family fun