DogTrekker DogCation Contest for May 2013
1) Dates/Eligibility. The "DogTrekker May 2013 DogCation Contest" (the "Giveaway") begins May 8, 2013 and ends at one minute before midnight on May 31, 2013. DogTrekker Inc. (the "Sponsor") may change the dates and/or terms of the Giveaway without prior notice. The "Giveaway" is open to legal residents of the United States, 21 years of age and older, except where prohibited by state or local laws. Employees or agents of DogTrekker Inc., or any other entity associated with the "Giveaway," their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling or spouse) and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate in "the Giveaway." NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2) How to Enter. Participants may enter the "Giveaway" by completing and submitting the official entry form located at www.dogtrekker.com/win, or at DogTrekker.com sponsored events. All entries must be received through the site, or at DogTrekker events, on or before one minute before midnight on May 31, 2013. As an alternate form of entry, contestants may send a letter with full name, address, phone number and date of birth to "DogTrekker May 2013 DogCation, PO Box 151289, San Rafael, CA 94915.” Entries in the form of business cards may also be accepted at the discretion of "Sponsor" at clearly labeled entry points at certain promotional events. Business card entries must include a valid email address, a full name, a mailing address, and a phone number. Any entry without this information is void. Limited to one entry per person. Limited to one entry per unique email address. Duplicate entries (after the first, valid entry) are void.
3) Selection of Winners. A random drawing will be held the first week of June 2013 for one prize winner. Winner will be drawn at random from all entries received. Winners for all prizes will be notified by phone and/or email by the "Sponsor." All prizes must be claimed within 7 days of the date won or will be forfeited. Chance of winning depends on numbers of qualified entries received.
4) Identification/Taxes. Each winner will be required to produce identification satisfactory to the "Sponsor." Each winner will be asked to provide proof of age, residency, social security number, and complete an affidavit of eligibility, liability and publicity release, as prepared by the "Sponsor," prior to receiving their prize. Each winner will be responsible for any taxes or fees that result from the receipt and/or use of their prize and may receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc where the prize value exceeds $600. All federal, state, local, and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner. The "Giveaway" is void where prohibited by law. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate and/or win the "Giveaway" will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the online entry in question will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable email address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A Potential Winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the Potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry.
5) Release. By entering "the Giveaway" and/or accepting the prize, entrants/prize winners agree to: (a) be bound by these rules; (b) release "the Giveaway" Entities, their parent companies, or organizations, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion partners, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, agents and their estate and/or family members from all liability, claims, action, or proceedings relating to "the Giveaway" and from injuries or damages arising in connection with or relating to participation in "the Giveaway," or use or misuse of the prize; (c) waive any right to claim ambiguity in "the Giveaway" or these Official Rules. By accepting the prize, winner further acknowledges that the Sponsor and any other entity involved with this Contest have neither made, nor are in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, relative to the prize or prize suppliers or to any portion thereof, including but not limited to its quality, merchantability, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose including, without limitation, use of any equipment associated with the prize; and d) by participating in the contest, the winner or winners (and their guest or traveling companion, if applicable) agree to have their name, voice or likeness used in any advertising material relating to this contest without additional financial or other compensation. Entrants further authorize DogTrekker to use their name and city information for DogTrekker promotional use, with no further compensation.
6) Prize. One grand prize will be awarded. The May DogCation includes two nights, double occupancy, at the Best Western Plus Danville Sycamore Inn with taxes and pet fees included in Danville, CA. More information to come. Odds of winning each prize are dependent on the number of eligible entries received.
7) Conditions/Restrictions. All prizes are not redeemable for cash or credit. Transportation is not included in prize offerings. Some restrictions and black-out dates may apply. "Sponsor" is not responsible for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware, software, or web site. "Sponsor" is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, howsoever caused, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. "Sponsor" is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, garbled, or misdirected entries, all of which are void. "Sponsor" reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of "Sponsor" corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. "Sponsor," in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. In the event that the randomly chosen winner refuses to accept the prize(s), all prizes become property of "Sponsor." All participants agree to be bound by these Official Contest rules.
8) Rules. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Copies of these rules are available by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to "DogTrekker May 2013 Contest Rules Request, PO Box 151289, San Rafael, CA 94915.” Any questions regarding this contest promotion should be directed to 415.459.3647. All decisions by "Sponsor" are final. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of "the Giveaway," to void suspect entries and/or cancel, terminate or suspend any portion of this Contest should a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of "the Giveaway" and, in any such event, at its discretion, select winners from eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such termination, cancellation or suspension.
9) Disputes. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the "Sponsor" in connection with "the Giveaway", shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Entrant agrees to indemnify "Sponsor" and sponsor's agents, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies for all claims brought by third parties in connection with Contest Entry Material.