Hodgdon Meadow Campground & RV
PO Box 577
Yosemite National Park, California 95389
Local Phone: (209) 372-0200
Hodgdon Meadow Campground is conveniently located along the Big Oak Flat Road at the Big Oak Flat Entrance. At an elevation of 4,900 feet (1,219 m), the campground is located along the western edge of the park, 25 miles and approximately 45 minutes from Yosemite Valley.
There is a gas station and minimal convenience items located nearby at Crane Flat. Trailheads for both the Merced Grove and Tuolumne Grove of Giant Sequoias are located within a short drive of the campground.
Typically reservations are required from early April to early October for Hodgdon Meadow. During the rest of the year, the entire campground (other than the group sites) are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Campground reservations are available in blocks of one month at a time, up to five months in advance, on the 15th of each month at 7 am Pacific time. Be aware that nearly all campground reservations in Yosemite for the months of May through September and for some other weekends are filled the first day they become available, usually within seconds or minutes after 7 am Pacific time.
On the Big Oak Flat Road (Hwy. 120), about 45 minutes northwest of Yosemite Valley, adjacent to the Big Oak Flat Entrance Station.
Open: All year
• Number of sites: 105 (plus 4 group sites, open only mid April through mid October)
• RV length: up to 35 ft
• Trailer length: up to 27 ft (no trailers in group sites)
Yosemite National Park Dog Policy:
• Pets are allowed on fully paved roads, walkways, bicycle pathways, and on the Meadow Loop in Wawona. In Yosemite Valley, pets are allowed only on paved paths on the Valley Floor.
• Pets are not allowed on trails, within Yosemite Wilderness, in underdeveloped areas, on ski trails, on unplowed roads open to skiing in the winter, on the Mariposa Grove tram, or in any area that has a sign prohibiting pets.
• Do not leave your pet unattended or tied to a post at any time. Unattended pets are subject to removal and impounding.
• No waste bags are provided, please bring your own and use them.
• Dogs must be leashed at all times.