Looking for some fun outdoor adventures you can share with your dog? Plan a getaway to Gilroy, California and find plenty of dog-friendly parks and hiking trails to explore. You will also find some nice camping options in the area.
Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails in Gilroy:
- Coyote Lake-Harvey Bear Ranch: This is a dog-friendly county park with 35 miles of trails for you and your dog to explore. You can also camp here with your dog. You’ll enjoy beautiful views of wildflowers (especially in spring) and wildlife, including deer, birds, turkey, boars, along with local cows. Be sure to keep your dog on a leash at all times.
- Mount Madonna County Park: At this redwood-filled enchanted forest in the Santa Cruz Mountains west of Gilroy, all the trails are dog-friendly. And with many trees offering shade, this is a wonderful choice for a hike on a warmer day. Camping is also available.
- Uvas Creek Levee Path: This 4-mile paved jogging/biking path runs from the Gilroy Sports Park all the way to Hecker Pass Highway/Highway 152, with lovely views of Uvas Creek and the Gabilan Mountains along the way.
Dog-Friendly Parks in Gilroy:
If you are staying in Gilroy or just passing through and need to get your dog out for some exercise, visit one of our dog-friendly and family-friendly city parks:
- Hecker Pass Dog Park in Gilroy
- Christmas Hill Park
- Sunrise Park and Carriage Hills Park
- Gilroy Sports Park
For more information, read the full Stay Happy: A Guide to Dog-Friendly Hiking Trails and Parks in Gilroy article at VisitGilroy.com.