4 Common Pet Insurance Questions – Answered
Veterinary medicine has made leaps and bounds over the past few years, especially in diagnosing and treating difficult cases. Along with this knowledge and treatments comes a price. Be sure to protect your furry family member with an Embrace Pet Insurance policy today.
Not familiar with pet insurance? We have answers to the most common questions:
1. What is pet insurance?
When an unexpected accident or illness leads to expensive vet bills, pet insurance pays you back. Simply visit your preferred vet and pay the bill. Then submit your claim and we’ll reimburse you directly.
2. What do these insurance terms mean?
• Maximum: The most you'll be reimbursed (paid) per incident, annually, or over a pet’s lifetime.
• Deductible: The amount you’ll cover, annually or per-incident, before being reimbursed.
• Reimbursement: The amount of money you get back after you meet your deductible.
• Premium: The amount you pay – either monthly or yearly – for your pet’s coverage.
3. Pre-existing conditions, what's the deal?
No pet insurance company covers pre-existing conditions. Embrace defines a pre-existing condition as “any injury, illness, or irregularity noticed by you or your veterinarian before the end of your waiting period, even if your pet never went to the veterinarian for it.”
Have concerns? Get a free Medical History Review after purchasing your policy. If you don’t like what we find, cancel your policy within the first 30-days for a full refund.
4. Does pet insurance cover routine care?
Pet insurance covers unexpected accidents and illnesses – but what about routine care items like annual vet visits, training, and grooming?
For these everyday pet care expenses, and so many more, Embrace offers Wellness Rewards. It works like a health savings account and rewards you with free money for being proactive with your pet's care.
Take the next steps to protect your dog. Get a free quote from Embrace Pet Insurance today.