18183 Main St.
Jamestown, California 95327
Local Phone: (209) 984-3446
The National Hotel is one of the oldest continuously, operated hotels in California, dating to 1859.
Restoration was begun in 1974 by the current owners, brothers Stephen and Michael Willey, who continue the never-ending job. Today's nine-room hotel, furnished with antiques, offers a taste of the past with modern amenities—and a friendly ghost, Flo, who generally stays upstairs!
A generous buffet breakfast is included in the rates. Weather permitting, canine guests are welcome to join their uprights on the patio at lunch, dinner or Sunday brunch. Pet sitting can be arranged.
Comment from the management: "We are happy to accommodate house-trained, good natured pets and we also accept well-behaved pet owners, particularly if their pets can vouch for them."
- Size: Total weight of dog/dogs per room is 60 pounds.
- Breed restrictions: None
- Maximum number allowed: 2
- Cost per dog: $25 Per Night
- Percentage of rooms that are dog-friendly: Over 50%
- Other comments: Dogs must be leashed on premises. Dogs must not be left in room unattended. A dog bedspread will be provided if you wish to have your dog on the bed. No aggressive dogs or young pups, please. Total weight of dog/dogs permitted in rooms is 60 pounds. Dog must be clean, well groomed, and have current shots and flea & tick care.
Dog-friendly property amenities:
dog friendly, pet friendly, dogtrekker.com, hotel, historic, 1859, restaurant
- Dog Waste Bags
- Dining/water bowls
- Special treats