Anthony Chabot Regional Park
9999 Redwood Rd.
Castro Valley, California 94546
Camping and a wealth of other outdoor activities are available only 20 minutes from downtown Oakland at the 5,067-acre Anthony Chabot Park.
Its beautiful year-round public campground, a marksmanship range, and miles of hiking and riding trails make Chabot one of the District's most varied parklands.
Visitors can explore miles of beautiful hiking, riding, and bicycling trails through grasslands, chaparral, and shady eucalyptus groves or along the shores of Lake Chabot.
The East Bay Skyline National Trail, which traverses 31 miles of East Bay hills from Richmond to Castro Valley, runs the length of the park. Chabot is connected to Cull Canyon Regional Recreation Area by a six-mile section of the Chabot-to-Garin Regional Trail.
• Dog Fee: $2 per day. Guide/service dogs free
Help us keep these trails beautiful and dog-friendly:
• Always follow the posted rules as they may have changed
• If in off-leash area, keep your dog under voice command
• Respect and protect wildlife and habitats
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints