Fremont Older Open Space
Saratoga, California 95070
Local Phone: (650) 691-1200
Residents of Cupertino and Saratoga will find Fremont Older Open Space Preserve of particular interest because of its proximity and richness in local history.
Located on the urban fringe and extending towards Mt. Eden Road to the south and Stevens Creek County Park to the west, the 739-acre Preserve offers a variety of experiences to hikers, bicyclists, and equestrians.
Visitors are usually attracted to the open hayfields, Seven Springs Canyon, and Hunters Point, a 900-foot hilltop offering sweeping views of the Santa Clara Valley.
To the west are chaparral and oak covered ridges dropping steeply to Stevens Canyon.
There are approximately nine miles of trails connecting Prospect Road to Regnart Road and Stevens Creek County Park.
A popular hike is from the Prospect Road entrance up through the hayfield to Hunters Point and then around the Seven Springs Trail loop.
• Parking: Limited parking, for approximately 15 cars. Additional parking (there is a parking fee) is located in Stevens Creek County Park adjacent to Stevens Canyon Road.
• Fee: None unless you park in additional parking lot (fee changes)
• Water: Bring your own
• Best time of year for this hike: Spring
• Distance: 14.7 miles of trails
• Degree of difficulty: Easy, moderate and strenuous.
• Hours of operation: Sunrise to sunset year round (some trails close in winter).
• Dogs are allowed on designated trails in this preserve.
• Dogs must be controlled on leash at all times.
• Moving dog waste off trail is not permitted.
• The preserve entrance is on Prospect Road in Cupertino. Exit Highway 85 at De Anza Boulevard. (From northbound 85 turn left on De Anza Blvd. and from southbound 85 turn right on De Anza Blvd.) Travel on De Anza Blvd. (towards the mountains) about 0.5 miles. Turn right on Prospect Rd. At the first stop sign, turn left and cross the railroad tracks to remain on Prospect Rd. Follow Prospect Rd. for 1.3 miles, turning left after the Saratoga Country Club, until the preserve parking lot is reached.
• Additional parking (there is a parking fee) is located in Stevens Creek County Park adjacent to Stevens Canyon Road.