Gualala Point Regional Park and Beach
Lucky at Gualala Point Regional Park. Photo Credit: @buster.and.lucky
42401 Hwy. 1
Approximately 1 mile south of the town of Gualala.
Gualala, California 95445
Local Phone: (707) 785-2377
This 195-acre park on the Mendocino/Sonoma County line a little bit of everything: sandy beaches, open meadows, coastal forest, campground, visitor center, picnic area and restrooms. The adjacent Gualala River offers limited seasonal fishing.
Gualala Point Park is popular with day hikers and picnickers. The campground is situated among the majestic redwood trees and is adjacent to the Gualala River.
Leashed dogs are allowed on trails, beaches and in the campground.
• Parking: Lot provided for a small fee.
• Fee: $6 per vehicle for day use.
• Water: None, bring your own.
• Best time of year for this hike: Year round, but watch for foxtails during late spring and all summer.
• Degree of difficulty: Easy to moderate.
• Distance: 1-5 miles depending on loop chosen.
Hours of Operation:
• The park is open daily.
• Most Sonoma County Regional parks open at sunrise and close at sunset.
Leash rule: Please keep your dogs on their leash (no longer than 6 feet).
Help us keep this beach beautiful and dog-friendly:
Photo Credit: @buster.and.lucky
• Always follow the posted rules
• Respect natural marine life and habitats
• Be aware of tides and currents
• Pack in and pack out, leaving only paw prints
dogtrekker.com, dog friendly, beach, park, mendocino, sonoma