Middle McCloud Falls
McCloud, California 96057
There are three levels—lower, middle and upper—to McCloud Falls in the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
The hikes are very scenic and offer an opportunity to view various forms of vegetation and wildlife. Each of the falls is different from the other but they are all equally interesting. The trio of cascades can be seen on a 3.8-mile round-trip hike.
The hike to each of the falls is relatively easy, and the hike from the Middle to Upper Falls only takes about five minutes.
• Take Interstate 5 to Highway 89 and the town of McCloud.
• Continue 5.5 miles east and watch for signs to Fowler’s Camp/McCloud Falls.
• Go right at .6 mile (a left here takes you to overlooks of Middle Falls and Upper Falls)
• Continue another .7 miles past the campground and park at the picnic area at the Lower Falls.
• Follow your ears toward Lower Falls and the beginning of the trail.