Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District
330 Distel Circle
Los Altos, California 94022
Local Phone: (650) 691-1200
All Midpeninsula Preserves are open to the public free of charge, 365 days a year from dawn until one-half hour after sunset.
• Dogs must be controlled on a maximum 6-foot leash at all times.
• Dogs are allowed only in designated preserves or areas as posted.
• Moving dog waste off trail is not permitted.
You and your canine companion are invited to experience many dog-friendly trails on District preserves:
• Coal Creek Open Space Preserve – all trails
• El Sereno Open Space Preserve – designated trails only
• Foothills Open Space Preserve – all trails
• Fremont Older Open Space Preserve – all trails
• Long Ridge Open Space Preserve – designated trails only
• Pulgas Ridge Open Space Preserve – all trails + marked off-leash* area
• St. Joseph's Hill Open Space Preserve – all trails
• Sierra Azul Open Space Preserve - Kennedy-Limekiln Area only
• Thornewood Open Space Preserve – all trails
• Windy Hill Open Space Preserve – designated trails only
* While in this area, visitors must have a leash in their possession and keep their dog under voice control so that they do not harass other park users, dogs, or wildlife. (Dogs are not allowed in any District water areas, including streams or ponds.)
Consider joining a docent-led, dog-suitable outdoor activity— a chance to socialize and exercise both your dog and yourself.
You are always welcome to stop by the District Administrative Office to pick up trail brochures, volunteer information, agendas, and other information:
• 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. - Fri.
• December Holiday Hours: Closed Dec. 24 - Jan. 4
dog-friendly, hikes, trails, midpeninsula regional open space