Wrights Lake Equestrian Campground
Local Phone: (530) 647-5415
The Wrights Lake Equestrian Campground is available to visitors traveling with equestrian or packstock animals.
The campground is situated near the Wrights Lake Campground in a grassy, open timber stand near the stream flowing from the spillway of Wrights Lake. The area is well-known for its vistas, hiking, wildflowers and birding.
The campground provides access to the stream and lake, where visitors enjoy trout fishing, swimming and paddling. Motorboats are prohibited in the area.
From Placerville, CA:
• Travel US-50 east approximately 25 miles to Ice House Road.
• Turn north onto Ice House Road.
• Take the 1st right to stay on Ice House Road.
• Travel approximately 10 miles to the junction with Big Hill Lookout Road/Wrights Lake Tie Road.
• Turn right toward Ice House Reservoir on the Wrights Lake Tie Road.
• At approximately 1.2 miles, stay to the left.
• Travel another 1.7 miles, turn left.
• Continue approximately 6.2 miles to Wrights Lake Road (Wrights Road).
• Turn left and travel another 2 miles to the campground.
- Maximum number allowed: 2
- Cost per dog: $3 Per Night