Help DogTrekker raise $75,000 during Saving Senior Dogs Week 2023!

By: DogTrekker Staff
happy senior german shepherd lies on grass
Sara woofs her appreciation. Photo by Lily’s Legacy.

Leave no dog behind. That’s the DogTrekker mission, and the principle that guides our work with California’s animal welfare organizations. A few of those organizations specialize in senior dogs, which is why we’re proud to join Lily’s Legacy Senior Dog Sanctuary – a terrific Petaluma nonprofit that finds homes for large-breed senior dogs – in support of the fifth annual Saving Senior Dogs Week.

From October 23-29, 2023, Lily’s Legacy, DogTrekker and other dog-passionate partners will work to raise at least $75,000 for senior dog rescues nationwide (including 10 in California.)

Through the DogTrekker Challenge, we’re giving $1,000. We encourage our readers to donate, too. Together, we can build a better world for vulnerable four-legged friends.

Image of senior golden retriever with text that reads "Saving Senior Dogs Week"

Why Senior Dogs Need Support

Lily’s Legacy established Saving Senior Dogs Week in 2019 to illuminate the plight of older dogs. The campaign took off, and organizers expanded with the 2022 launch of Saving Senior Dogs USA. Today, this year-round initiative provides education about the needs of homeless senior dogs, the work of senior dog rescues, and the joy that senior dogs bring to families who adopt them.  

By donating during Saving Senior Dogs Week, you support Saving Senior Dogs USA’s important work. Here’s why that matters: Our wise furry friends are the least likely to be rescued and adopted, and they’re at greater risk of being euthanized if they land in shelters. Of the approximately 14,000 American rescue groups serving dogs, less than 40 focus on the rescue, rehabilitation and re-homing of senior animals.

Dog named Bubba
Bubba thanks you. Photo by Lily’s Legacy.

Your Donation Makes a Difference

Organizers will evenly divide 75% of the funds raised during Saving Senior Dogs Week between participating senior dog rescues. The remaining 25% will support a Saving Senior Dogs Week grant fund that helps establish new senior dog rescues.

They say that every dog has its day. Senior dogs deserve even more. These beloved pets have walked our kids to school, alerted us to danger, and joined us for unforgettable adventures. They give their whole hearts to people, and they need your support. 

Join the DogTrekker Challenge and donate to Saving Senior Dogs Week 2023! With your help, treasured older dogs get connected to care and loving forever homes all year round.


© 2024
Website by Brandhound