Are you and your furry friend looking for the perfect day trip in California? Look no further! We’ve compiled a list of ten terrific dog-friendly wineries in the Golden State, where you and your pup can enjoy a day of relaxation, delicious wine, and beautiful scenery. Pack your leash, grab your favorite wine glass, and let’s explore these canine-welcoming vineyards together!
- Hall Wines – St. Helena (https://www.hallwines.com/) Nestled in the heart of Napa Valley, Hall Wines is a modern winery that offers a warm welcome to you and your four-legged friend. With a reputation for exquisite Cabernet Sauvignon, this winery boasts stunning art installations and lush gardens for you and your pup to explore.
- Kunde Family Winery – Kenwood (https://www.kunde.com/) Kunde Family Winery, situated in the picturesque Sonoma Valley, is a family-owned and operated winery with over a century of winemaking history. As you savor the flavors of their estate-grown wines, your dog can roam the beautiful grounds, making for a perfect day in wine country.
- Castello di Amorosa – Calistoga (https://www.castellodiamorosa.com/) Experience a taste of Italy at Castello di Amorosa, a breathtaking winery with an authentic, medieval-inspired Tuscan castle. While you sample their Italian-style wines, your furry companion can enjoy a leisurely stroll through the charming courtyards and vineyards.
- Mutt Lynch Winery – Windsor (https://www.muttlynchwinery.com/) With a name like Mutt Lynch, it’s no wonder this winery embraces dogs with open arms. Known for their fun, dog-inspired wine labels, Mutt Lynch Winery donates a portion of its proceeds to animal shelters and rescue organizations. Your pup will surely approve of this wine-tasting adventure!
- Black Stallion Winery – Napa (https://www.blackstallionwinery.com/) Located on a picturesque stretch of the Silverado Trail framed by century-old olive trees, guests can sample wines on the dog-friendly terrace aside trickling fountains.
- Lodi Vintners – Lodi (https://www.lodivintners.com/) Located in the heart of Lodi wine country, Lodi Vintners offers a laid-back, dog-friendly tasting room experience. With an emphasis on sustainable farming practices, you and your canine companion can feel good about sipping on their delicious wines.
- V Sattui Winery – St. Helena (https://www.vsattui.com/) A Napa Valley icon, V Sattui Winery is known for its wide selection of wines and welcoming atmosphere for dogs. With beautiful picnic grounds and gourmet food options, this winery is a perfect destination for you and your pup.
- Raymond Vineyards – St. Helena (https://www.raymondvineyards.com/) Raymond Vineyards offers a unique and memorable experience with their dog-friendly “Bark Park.” While you indulge in their award-winning wines, your pup can socialize and play in the designated off-leash area.
- Sterling Vineyards – Calistoga (https://www.sterlingvineyards.com/) Perched on a hilltop, Sterling Vineyards provides panoramic views of Napa Valley. The winery’s spacious outdoor areas offer plenty of room for your dog to explore while you enjoy their fine wines.
- Benziger Family Winery – Glen Ellen (https://www.benziger.com/) This family-owned winery is not only dedicated to crafting exceptional wines but also to sustainable farming practices. Benziger Family Winery’s beautiful biodynamic vineyards provide a serene environment for you and your dog to discover. Take a tram tour of the estate, and enjoy their organic and biodynamic wines as your pup takes in the picturesque surroundings.
California is home to a vast array of dog-friendly wineries that are perfect for a day trip with your canine companion. These top ten wineries offer a combination of exquisite wines, stunning landscapes, and welcoming atmospheres for both you and your furry friend. So leash up your pup, hit the road, and enjoy a delightful wine-tasting adventure in the Golden State! However, keep in mind that policies may change over time, so it’s always a good idea to confirm each winery’s current dog-friendly practices before your visit.