Dog Rescue and Adoption in California
Since we entered the ring in 2011, the DogTrekker founders have dedicated revenue, editorial and promotional support to California shelters, rescue organizations and animal welfare groups.
It’s all part of our Leave No Dog Behind mission, which puts pets first—whether we’re helping our readers to plan unforgettable DogCations or building a better world for our furry friends and rescue partners.
- The ASPCA estimates that while declining, there are still over three million dogs who enter U.S. animal shelters per year and of those, approximately 2/3 of a million dogs are euthanized.
- Approximately 85% of DogTrekker family members donate to animal welfare organizations and a third volunteer at shelters or foster rescues.
- Over 100,000 readers will add a dog to their family in 2020.
What you can do:
- Search our rescue database by selecting a breed, region or rescue organization below and volunteer and donate.
- Read archived stories about California rescues on the left column and again, volunteer and donate.
- Sign up for the DogTrekker weekly newsletter where we offer a rescue story and adoptable dog or dogs.
Thanks for caring! Roxanne & Dave Kendrick, Co-founders, DogTrekker.com
3415 Swetzer Rd., Loomis, California
Phone: (530) 643-1107
P.O. Box 608, Winters, California 95694
33260 Buckwheat Road, Menifee, California 92584
Phone: (951) 565-0849
Sacramento, California 95814
Laguna Niguel, California
12360 Trade Center, Jackson, California 95642
Phone: (209) 223-0410
P.O. Box 2357, Beverly Hills, California 90213
Phone: (310) 358-3344
Lake Forest, California 92630
Phone: (775) 475-0420
Saving Senior Dogs Week 2021
Help Us Fund Saving Senior Dogs!