Dog Rescue and Adoption in California
Since we entered the ring in 2011, the DogTrekker founders have dedicated revenue, editorial and promotional support to California shelters, rescue organizations and animal welfare groups.
It’s all part of our Leave No Dog Behind mission, which puts pets first—whether we’re helping our readers to plan unforgettable DogCations or building a better world for our furry friends and rescue partners.
- The ASPCA estimates that while declining, there are still over three million dogs who enter U.S. animal shelters per year and of those, approximately 2/3 of a million dogs are euthanized.
- Approximately 85% of DogTrekker family members donate to animal welfare organizations and a third volunteer at shelters or foster rescues.
- Over 100,000 readers will add a dog to their family in 2020.
What you can do:
- Search our rescue database by selecting a breed, region or rescue organization below and volunteer and donate.
- Read archived stories about California rescues on the left column and again, volunteer and donate.
- Sign up for the DogTrekker weekly newsletter where we offer a rescue story and adoptable dog or dogs.
Thanks for caring! Roxanne & Dave Kendrick, Co-founders, DogTrekker.com
3415 Swetzer Rd., Loomis, California
Phone: (510) 643-1107
P.O. Box 608, Winters, California 95694
27895 Diaz Rd., Ste B, Temecula, California 92590
Phone: (951) 565-0849
Sacramento, California 95814
No physical facility, Foster homes throughout Orange County, Orange, California
9000 Crow Canyon Rd., Suite S-176, Danville, California 94506
Phone: (707) 591-5417
Laguna Niguel, California
Phone: (949) 481-6402
25711 Nugget, Lake Forest, California 92630
Phone: (888) 231-8713
P.O. Box 3508, Redwood City, California 94064
Phone: (650) 678-9984
P. O. Box 3664, San Rafael, California 94912
Phone: (415) 456-1941
Napa Humane's Virtual 10th Annual Walk for Animals
Sign up now!