Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon

Heinold’s First and Last Chance Saloon

Jason and Mylo at Heinolds
Jason and Mylo at Heinold’s. Photo by Lark Coryell

Opened in 1883 by Johnny Heinold as J.M. Heinold’s Saloon, this Historic Landmark looked much then as she does today.

She was built here in 1880 from the timbers of an old whaling ship over the water in a dock area that even then was at the foot of Webster Street.

For nearly three years, the building was used as a bunkhouse by the men working the nearby oyster beds. Then in 1883, Johnny’s $100 purchase, with the aid of a ship’s carpenter, was transformed into a saloon where seafaring and waterfront men could feel at ease.

Dogs welcome.

© 2022 DogTrekker.com
Website by Brandhound