What can you say about a town that has its own dog park mayor, an ice cream parlor… Read more.
Surf & Sand Lodge
Surf & Sand Lodge
Come stay at the Surf and Sand Lodge, the finest accommodations on the northern California coast. An intimate lodging option located just steps from the beach, all newly remodeled rooms feature private balconies and patios with plush amenities that make you feel like you are staying in your own beach house! With nearby downtown and Glass Beach just 10 minutes away, the Surf and Sand Lodge is the perfect place to stay for your next visit to Fort Bragg.
The Surf and Sand Lodge is the premier place to whale watch from your private balcony or relax in their spa tubs after a hard day out on the mountain bike trails. And of course they offer pet-friendly rooms!
• Only 50 yards from the ocean
• Ocean views from most rooms
• Private balconies and patios
• All rooms have refrigerators, coffee makers, and hair dryers
• Each room has cable television and a VCR
• Video collection of over 300 movies available in the office
• Adjacent to a miles-long footpath through MacKerricher State Park
• 10-minute walk to downtown Fort Bragg and Glass Beach
• They are definitely dog-friendly, but pets should never be left unattended in the room and please keep them leashed on the property.
Dog-friendly tips from the innkeeper:
The Mendocino Coast is very dog-friendly in general, since so many people that live here have dogs. In Fort Bragg, though, there are 2 new dog parks, thanks to a dedicated group of dog people. The fenced dog park by the new Aquatic Center provides great opportunities to socialize your dog with other dogs. Noyo Dog Beach, located down under the Noyo Bridge on North Harbor Drive, allows for off-leash play on the beach. This is a beautiful location right by the ocean, and you can see the fishing boats going in and out of the harbor.