Browns Valley Rd.
Turn into 'Roses of Yesterday' driveway
Santa Cruz, California
Local Phone: (831) 429-6116
Byrne-Milliron Forest will be temporarily closed from 7/31-8/10/17 to repair the main road that was damaged from the storms this past winter.
The Land Trust owns and manages this property as a working forest, and takes pride in making it available to its members and the public.
The forest is a lovely place to hike and explore with your dog off-leash, with panoramic views of the Pajaro Valley and Monterey Bay, and a 1,000 year old, 250-foot tall “Great White” redwood.
The forest is private property owned by the Land Trust of Santa Cruz County (funded only by private donations), which graciously allows the public to access and enjoy its trails and vistas.
• Once you exit Highway 1, the ten-mile trip will take approximately 20 minutes.
• Take Highway 1 to Freedom Boulevard and head east on Freedom Blvd.
• After five miles you will come to a stop sign. Turn LEFT onto Corralitos Road.
• After 1.7 miles the road will fork just before the Corralitos Market, VEER RIGHT at the fork.Turn LEFT at the “T” in the road onto Browns Valley Road.
• After about three miles, you’ll see a sign on the right for "Roses of Yesterday.”
• Turn LEFT into the Roses of Yesterday driveway. Follow the signs for #809.
A great article
in Coastal Canine Magazine offers more information on this magical place.